Library Lounge Guidelines
Guidelines for the use of the Library Lounge
- The Library Lounge has been carved out especially for the use of IHC members to facilitate communication and interaction amongst them and is located on the third floor of the Convention Centre and above the Habitat Library & Resource Centre.
- The Library Lounge is open only to members of India Habitat Centre and their spouses on presentation of their valid membership card.
- A member and/or spouse can bring with them a maximum of four guests (above the age of eighteen years).
- Guests will not be allowed access to the Library Lounge unless they accompany a member. Members are requested to ensure that their guests arrive at the Library Lounge only after they are physically present there and remain in the Lounge until their guests are there.
- Members are requested to sign the register at the entrance of the Library Lounge and record the names of the guests.
- The Library Lounge is open everyday from 11:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. Buzzer will be sounded as a reminder at 7:15 p.m. and then again at 7:30 p.m. to alert members and their guests of the closing time. Air conditioning will be switched off at 7:30 p.m.
- Closed holidays: January 26 (Republic Day), August 15 (Independence Day), October 2 (Gandhi Jayanti), Diwali and Holi.
- The Library Lounge offers light snacks and beverages on payment basis.
- A selection of books, magazines and newspapers for general reading are available in the Library Lounge. They are only for reference in the Lounge and are not to be removed and taken outside the Library Lounge.
- Tables, chairs and other furniture may not be shifted by members for enlarging seating groups or adjusting more people.
- Members are requested to put their mobile phones on silent mode/vibrator or switch them off when they enter the Library Lounge. Members and their guests are requested to use their mobile phones only outside the Library Lounge.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the Library Lounge.
- Eatables /drinks from outside are not allowed in the Library Lounge.
- Library Lounge is not to be used by members for interviews, functions by members, photo/film/TV shootings, etc.
- Members are requested to speak softly so that others are not disturbed.
- Members and their guests are requested to maintain decorum in the Library Lounge and to engage with HLRC staff in a civil manner.
- Members and their guests are requested to adhere to the guidelines and norms of the Library Lounge. No request for waiver of any of the above guidelines will be entertained.
- India Habitat Centre reserves the right to take disciplinary action if any violation is brought to their notice.
For more information, please contact:
Habitat Library & Resource Centre,
India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi - 110 003.
Phone: 91-11-43662021-2022 (Direct)
Board: 91-11-24682001-09 Ext.: 2021-2022
Web site: www.indiahabitat.org