Experimental Arts Gallery (EAG) Booking Procedure
For making reservations send us a proposal addressed to:
Dr Alka Pande, Consultant, Art Advisor and Curator, Visual Arts Gallery, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003. Phone: 43662024, 43662025. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) The proposal must include:For Artist - Application, Profile / Bio-data, 6 Images
For Group – Concept, List of Artists, Brief profile of Artists, 2 art work images of each artist
For Gallery – Concept, Gallery Profile, 10-15 artworks Images
(3) Please note: The galleries cannot be booked for a period of more than seven days at a stretch.
(4) Our expert committee will review your proposal and reply within a month from the date of submission of the proposal.Please note: India Habitat Centre reserves the right to accept or reject the proposals. By submitting a proposal, exhibitors/ artists cannot lay claim to the desired dates at the gallery, even though the dates might be available.
(5) Once booking is confirmed, please prepare a CD of high-resolution images of the works to be deposited at the Visual Arts Gallery office. This would help with documentation for the IHC Annual Arts Journal.
(6) Also if a mailing list is required, please inform the Gallery office staff, one month in advance.
(7) Once you are offered the dates, you will be required to make 50 percent advance payment to confirm the booking within one month of the receipt of our letter. You will also have to fill a form with terms and conditions, attached along with this booking procedure. It is also available at the Visual Arts Gallery office and can be downloaded from our website: www.indiahabitat.org.
(8) The balance payment has to be cleared three months prior to the show.
(9) You will also be required to pay a security deposit of Rs.20,000 in case you book the Visual Arts Gallery, Rs. 5,000 for Open Palm Court Gallery and Experimental Art Gallery, will refunded one month after the show, conditions apply.
(10) All the cheques will be made in the name of India Habitat Centre.
(11) We request you to exchange all information regarding the booking or cancellation of the gallery with us in writing.
|Non-IHC members (per day)||IHC members (per day)|
|Rs. 2,500 + 15% service tax||Rs. 2,000 + 15% service tax|
Bookings are non transferable
Submit agreement form at the time of booking
Controversial works of art will not be permitted. The required permission has to taken from the Director. The gallery reserves the right to have such works taken off.
No liquor or tobacco sponsorship is allowed.
IHC Visual Arts Gallery is a no smoking zone.
You are required to obtain a permission slip from the gallery office before setting up the event
Gallery will be handed over to you at 10:00 pm the previous evening for setting up the event.
Do not use nails, staples, glue, tape, both side adhesive tape and anything that damages painted walls.
The Visual Arts Gallery, India Habitat Centre is not responsible for the loss or damage to the personal belongings of the exhibitor / visitor
We do not provide any storage space for the exhibits
The Gallery should be clean and vacated by 7:00 pm on the last day of the show
(1) Payment: An advance of 50% of the total booking amount needs to be paid to confirm your booking. Payment has to be made vide local cheque/ draft drawn in favour of “India Habitat Centre” payable at Delhi and paid at the Visual Arts Gallery Office. Complete balance payments must be deposited three months prior to the show. Please note that in case there is a revision in the service tax / gallery rates, the exhibitor will be informed and is liable to pay the dues and security deposit of 20000/- (w. e. f. April 1, 2009) one month prior to the show.
Cancellation before 6 Month, 100% booking amount will be refunded.
After the 6 Month booking is cancelled, the advance non-refundable.
(3) Timings: The Experimental Art Gallery is open from 10 : 00 a.m to 8 : 00 pm seven days a week. However the VAG office is open for public dealing from 10 : 00 am to 8 : 00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Security guards are posted at the gallery space from 8 am – 10pm. Beyond these hours, should the exhibitors want added security, a guard may be recruited from the IHC for an 8hr shift at the rates applicable at that point.
In case you want to get your own guard, you are required to inform the VAG office through a letter mentioning his name, and contact details. Uniformed guards from security agency other than the one at the VAG will not be allowed.
The Visual Arts Gallery, India Habitat Centre must be informed at the time of booking of any schedule visits by VIPs. The visit must be scheduled after the approval from the Gallery Office. It is to be noted that any additional cost incurred in such proceedings shall be borne by the exhibitors. To set up the event, please note:
You are required to obtain a permission slip from the Gallery Office before setting up the event. You can have the permission slip only after you have made the complete payment including the security deposit vide draft or local cheque, in favour of India Habitat Centre, at the Gallery Office.
Security Deposit: The security deposit must be paid one month prior to the show. Repayment of the security deposit will only happen after an assessment of damage by our authorized staff, with deductions made as per damages noted. Security refund shall be made to the same individual/ entity that had deposited the amount. It will only be made by cheque a month after the end of the show.
Gallery will be handed over to you at 10p.m. the previous evening for setting up the event.
In case the exhibitors want to serve liquor and food during the inaugural function, kindly get in touch with the Banquets, Habitat World, and apply for a liquor license and decide the menu for the event. Contact details are # 41220000 Extn #1. For food and beverage, exhibitors are required to get in touch with the Banquets directly.
(5) Assistance: Visual Arts Gallery cannot offer any help or assistance for mounting or dismantling the exhibition. We can arrange for labour for you, only if you inform us a week in advance. Payments for labour to be made in cash only.
Exhibitors are forbidden from tampering with the electrical fittings within the gallery on their own. Please note: Technicians for fixing up of lights are available 24 hours. Contact the Elbee department at the IHC at 24682001 – 09, Extn. 2093.
In case of emergency, the vestibule of the Visual Arts Gallery is equipped with a phone (blue phone). Exhibitors can dial 9 from this phone to contact the IHC control room to get through to all the required departments, i.e. the electricity department or Elbee which is open 24 hrs, the AC plant, security, etc.
A responsible attitude towards the property of the India Habitat Centre is expected from you. Please note that in case of damage to doors, walls, windows (breakage of glass, hammering of nails, sticking on walls) or floor (staining or cracking) will result in our disbanding the exhibition and charging you for damages.
Strictly ensure that no exhibit shall be affixed on the walls with nails, staples, glue, tape etc.
Please furnish your list of requirements in the attached form to the Visual Arts Gallery Office, one week prior to your show.
Gallery will provide you free of charge:
Any material required apart from the hooks such as nylon thread, is to be brought by exhibitors themselves. Kindly use gloves while handing and removing the paintings. Hooks and gloves are available with the security guard.
Pedestals, panels, display tables, plants, mailing list, food and beverages etc are for hire. You will be charged Rs 100 for the oil lamp during the inauguration of the show. You can hire a telephone connection at the Open Palm Court Area. (See Table below)
The exhibitors can bring their own independent standing structures like panels, pedestals etc, as long as they are restricted to the gallery spaces only. The spaces outside the Gallery cannot be used for display without prior permission.
During summer time, since the Open Palm Court Gallery is not air-conditioned, the exhibitors can arrange for the pedestal fans from local tent houses. (See Table below)
Please note that the Open Palm Court Area does not provide any storage space for the exhibits.
Exhibitors are allowed to have the pedestals, panels and wall of the galleries painted to their liking for the duration of their show, once they give a written assurance to the VAG office that they will restore the surfaces to their original colour before vacating the gallery. The exhibitors can give a written request to the VAG office to have the pedestals, panels and wall of the gallery painted to their liking, however they will have to bear the cost of painting and restoring the same to the original colour at the end of their exhibition.
(7) Closing the show:
The Exhibitor is requested to comply with the following :
The exhibition should close by 5 : 00 pm
The gallery must be vacated by 7 : 00 pm
The gallery will be checked by the VAG staff at 7 : 00 pm
Incase there is any damage or any marks on the wall the exhibitors will be charged for repainting the entire area @ Rs. 12/ per sq feet, or they will have to repaint the entire wall at their own cost.
Please note that failure to comply with the above will entail in the in the forfeiture of the entire security deposit amount.
For further details please contact VAG office : 4366204/25
(8) Exit Slip:
During an exhibition, removal/ moving of exhibits from the Gallery shall be permitted by the security only after you obtain valid exit slip (gate-pass) from the Gallery Office. In case the exhibition ends on a holiday, this pass must be collected earlier from the office. The exit slip will be issued only after all your dues, miscellaneous receipts i.e. security guard payment, beverages, plants, panels and pedestals, etc., are cleared.
The exits and entries suitable for you to bring in the exhibits are Gate No #2 (parking is permitted for a limited period) or the service lane parallel to the Lodhi Road with entry via the pedestrian gate (vehicle can be parked longer here).
The posters or banners for an event may be displayed only after clearance by the staff of the Visual Arts Gallery. · There is a space slotted for banners of shows at the gallery, close to the red light crossing near Gate no. 2, IHC, Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003. However, priority will be given to the shows at the Visual Arts Gallery in case there are exhibitions in other galleries too.
(10) All Audio-visual equipment required for the exhibition or an accompanying performance will be billed separately as per the AV tariff. Items not available at the India Habitat Centre can be either arranged through a third party or the organizers themselves.
(11) Promotional material:
We do not advertise or do media relations works for any of the shows/ events organized at the Visual Arts Gallery. However the organizers/ exhibitors are requested to give a clear indication of the nature of the exhibition and other promotional information, including posters, catalogue, photographs, press releases and invitation cards etc. to the Visual Arts Gallery office 30 days prior to the event to facilitate inclusion in the IHC calendar of events (subject to date of submission of photographs/ promotional information, and the publication of the calendar) and the IHC website. The IHC reserves the right to use or edit the information provided.
The text of the invitations for the show must mention the following address: Visual Arts Gallery Gate # 2, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003.
(13) Use of IHC logo:
The organisers are not allowed to use the IHC logo in the invites or posters without the permission of the Visual Arts Gallery.
(14) Visitors Book:
You are required to bring your own Visitor’s Book, and give us the Photostat copy of the same. Please note that the exit slip will not be given till this too is done.
All exhibitions held within the premises of the Visual Arts Gallery are also archived and documented in the India Habitat Centre Annual Arts Journal and other promotional material like calendars, greeting cards and yearly planners etc. Please note: The VAG staff is to be allowed to photo-document all the shows.
You are required to give us the copyright of the images of the exhibited works for one time, non-commercial use for the purpose of in-house documentation. Due credit will be given for the images used by the IHC.
(17) In case of any queries, please get in touch with us two weeks prior to your event. No queries will be entertained on the day of the show.
(18) Please note: In case the exhibitors or their associates misbehave with the gallery staff, the show/ event is liable to be cancelled with immediate effect.
|Panels||Rs 250/- + 14.0% taxes for 5 days and Rs 300 if used for more than 5 days, per panel|
|Pedestals||Rs 200/- + 14.0% taxes for 5 days and Rs 250/- if used for more than 5 days, per panel.|
|Plants||Rs 25/- per pot|
|Mailing List||Is an eclectic mix of press/ art critics / art lovers/artists/photographers/ cultural attaches etc. that has about 400 names and costs Rs 1000/-|
|Security guard||Rs 250/- +14.0% tax per shift, per guard. Each shift consists of 8 hours.|
As we hope to have a long-term relationship with you, we request you to abide by these rules. Fill in the attached form and submit to Visual Art Gallery office at the time of booking
The Following need to be observed for exhibiting artworks in the outer premises of the Arts Gallery at the India Habitat Centre.
The gallery will be open form 10:00 am to 8:00 pm everyday at which time there should be an attendant sitting in the gallery.
The Visual Arts Gallery will not be responsible for any damage done to the artworks during the exhibition.
The office staff or peons will not be available to carry artworks back and forth or display them at anytime of the day or do any other work related to the exhibition.
Use of the office & office stationary will not be available for exhibitions.
Use pf double sided tape on walls, nails placed on walls, the requirement of extra lighting and open wiring will not be permitted for the hanging of an exhibition in the gallery.
The gallery closes at 8:00 pm everyday & cannot be allowed to remain open for longer periods.
In our effort to promote art, all the exhibitions held at the gallery during the course of the financial year are judged for India Habitat Centre’s Awards for Excellence in Arts in various categories. Each category winner is awarded a cash prize of Rs 25,000 along with a citation and a trophy. Click here for more information...
All the exhibitions held at the gallery are also archived and written about in the India Habitat Centre Annual Arts Journal. Click here for more information...