Habitat Lounge Guidelines
Revised Norms and Guidelines for the use of the Habitat LoungeThe Habitat Lounge re-opens in a limited manner from June 21, 2021.
In view of the prevailing situation with reference to COVID-19 and government advisories in light of the same, our revised operations will be as follows:
- Monday – Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Habitat Lounge will remain closed on Sundays and other closed holidays.
Entry and Parking in IHC
- Four wheelers will be allowed entry only from Gate No. 1 (round the clock) and Gate No. 2 (8 a.m. to 8 p. m. - Monday to Saturday).
- Exit for four wheelers will be only from Gate No. 2 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. - Monday to Saturday) and Gate No. 3A (round the clock).
- Entry and exit for four wheelers from Gate no. 3 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. - Monday to Saturday).
- It may be noted that Exit is not allowed from Gate No. 1.
- Mandatory thermal screening will be done at all the entry gates.
- Directions have been provided for parking the vehicles. Preferably, the vehicles may be parked at the surface parking or South Block parking, although vehicles maybe parked at any other available parking space as well.
Access to the Habitat Lounge
- Elevators from the Convention Centre Lobby or from the South Block Parking may be used to reach Habitat Lounge.
- Entry/Exit from the rear of HLRC (near CAPART Library) will remain closed.
- Members of IHC will be allowed access into the Habitat Lounge on tapping their RFID Cards on the Reader placed at the entrance of the Habitat Lounge. Members will be asked to provide their membership numbers in case they do not bring their RFID Cards.
- Limited seating (21 indoor and 12 outdoor) will be available in the Habitat Lounge on first-come, firstserved basis. Access to the Lounge will not be available if the Lounge is already full and members are requested to take a chance later.
- Members may bring a maximum of two guests and the member has to accompany the guests, given the limited number of seats available.
- Limited menu of snacks and beverages will be available on payment basis.
- Toilets are functional on the first floor and may be used.
Safety Norms to be followed
- As per order issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women are advised to stay at home.
- Members residing in Containment Zones are not allowed to come to the Centre/Habitat Lounge.
- Members who have a medical history of cough/cold/fever in the last one month are advised not to visit the Centre/ Habitat Lounge.
- Members are advised to download the Aarogya Setu App on their compatible mobiles and regularly update their health status before entering the Centre.
- Should any member subsequent to visiting the Habitat Lounge, test positive to Covid-19, HLRC should be informed immediately.
- Masks must be worn at all times: while entering the Centre and in the Habitat Lounge.
- All members entering Habitat Lounge will be checked for temperature again at the entry of Habitat Lounge.
- Hands-free sanitiser kept at the entrance to Habitat Lounge must be used before entering the Habitat Lounge.
- Members are also encouraged to wash their hands frequently with soap and water.
- Social distancing is expected to be strictly observed: minimum of six feet.
- The air-conditioning system will be operational in Habitat Lounge with an average temperature of 26 degrees Celsius (with +/- one degree variation). Some identified doors will be kept open for cross ventilation. This is as advised by ISHRAE. Members are requested not to close these doors.
Adherence to Guidelines
- These norms and guidelines are to be read along with existing Habitat Lounge Guidelines.
- All personnel on duty have been authorised to enforce the guidelines strictly.
- Given the present pandemic situation and in consideration of one’s own as well as others’ safety, all members are requested to strictly abide by the guidelines.
We will keep you informed of any changes, as and when there is a need.
Violations of guidelines by members are liable to be viewed seriously.
For more information, please contact:
Habitat Library & Resource Centre,
India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi - 110 003.
Phone: 91-11-43662021-2022 (Direct)
Board: 91-11-24682001-09 Ext.: 2021-2022
Web site: www.indiahabitat.org