Habitat Lounge Guidelines
Revised Norms and Guidelines for the use of the Habitat LoungeThe Habitat Lounge re-opens in a limited manner from June 21, 2021.
In view of the prevailing situation with reference to COVID-19 and government advisories in light of the same, our revised operations will be as follows:
- All seven days of the week: 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Closed holidays: January 26 (Republic Day), August 15 (Independence Day), October 2 (Gandhi Jayanti), Diwali and Holi.
Entry and Parking in IHC
- Four wheelers will be allowed entry only from Gate No. 1 (round-the-clock) and Gate No. 2 (8 a.m. to 8 p. m. daily).
- Exit for four wheelers will be only from Gate No. 2 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily) and Gate No. 3A (round the clock).
- Entry and exit for four wheelers from Gate no. 3 (7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily).
- It may be noted that Exit is not allowed from Gate No. 1.
- Mandatory thermal screening will be done at all the entry gates.
- Directions have been provided for parking the vehicles. Preferably, the vehicles may be parked at the surface parking or South Block parking, although vehicles maybe parked at any other available parking space as well.
Access and Using the Habitat Lounge
- Elevators from the Convention Centre Lobby or from the South Block Parking may be used to reach Habitat Lounge.
- Members of IHC will be allowed access into the Habitat Lounge on tapping their RFID Cards on the Reader placed at the entrance of the Habitat Lounge. Members will be asked to provide their membership numbers in case they do not bring their RFID Cards.
- Limited seating (21 indoor and 12 outdoor) will be available in the Habitat Lounge on first-come, first- served basis. Access to the Lounge will not be available if the Lounge is already full and members are requested to take a chance later.• Limited seating (21 indoor and 12 outdoor) will be available in the Habitat Lounge on first-come, first- served basis. Access to the Lounge will not be available if the Lounge is already full and members are requested to take a chance later.
- Members may bring a maximum of two guests (above the age of eighteen years) and the member has to accompany the guests, given the limited number of seats available.
- Tables, chairs and other furniture may not be shifted by members for enlarging seating groups or adjusting more people.
- Habitat Lounge is not to be used by members for interviews, functions by members, photo/film/TV shootings, etc.
- Members are requested to speak softly so that others are not disturbed.
- Limited menu of snacks and beverages will be available on payment basis.
- Eatables /drinks from outside are not allowed in the Habitat Lounge.
- A selection of magazines and newspapers for general reading are available in the Habitat Lounge. They are only for reference in the Lounge and are not to be removed and taken outside the Habitat Lounge.
- Members are requested to put their mobile phones on silent mode/vibrator or switch them off when they enter the Habitat Lounge. Members and their guests are requested to use their mobile phones only outside the Habitat Lounge.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the Habitat Lounge.
- Toilets are functional on the first floor and may be used.
- Buzzer will be sounded as a reminder at 6:45 p.m. and then again at 7:00 p.m. to alert members and their guests of the closing time.
- Air conditioning will be switched off at 7:00 p.m.
Safety Norms to be followed
- As per order issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women are advised to stay at home.
- Members residing in Containment Zones are not allowed to come to the Centre/Habitat Lounge.
- Members who have a medical history of cough/cold/fever in the last one month are advised not to visit the Centre/ Habitat Lounge.
- Members are advised to download the Aarogya Setu App on their compatible mobiles and regularly update their health status before entering the Centre.
- Should any member subsequent to visiting the Habitat Lounge, test positive to Covid-19, HLRC should be informed immediately.
- Masks must be worn at all times: while entering the Centre and in the Habitat Lounge.
- All members entering Habitat Lounge will be checked for temperature again at the entry of Habitat Lounge.
- Hands-free sanitiser kept at the entrance to Habitat Lounge must be used before entering the Habitat Lounge.
- Members are also encouraged to wash their hands frequently with soap and water.
- Social distancing is expected to be strictly observed: minimum of six feet.
- The air-conditioning system will be operational in Habitat Lounge with an average temperature of 26 degrees Celsius (with +/- one degree variation). Some identified doors will be kept open for cross ventilation. This is as advised by ISHRAE. Members are requested not to close these doors.
Adherence to Guidelines
- All personnel on duty have been authorised to enforce the guidelines strictly.
- Members and their guests are requested to maintain decorum in the Habitat Lounge and to engage with HLRC staff in a civil manner.
- Given the present pandemic situation and in consideration of one’s own as well as others’ safety, all members are requested to strictly abide by the guidelines.
We will keep you informed of any changes, as and when there is a need.
Violations of guidelines by members are liable to be viewed seriously.
August 28, 2021
For more information, please contact:
Habitat Library & Resource Centre,
India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi - 110 003.
Phone: 91-11-43662021-2022 (Direct)
Board: 91-11-24682001-09 Ext.: 2021-2022
Web site: www.indiahabitat.org